Communitas! is a word meaning the "spirit of community". The word is used as both the title of a Community Development Journal under development at the new Wikiversity and as a "meme" for a community building program and applied community studies across the Internet.
Communitas! is an effort to build up the context of community and freely-available content that is valuable to community builders and practitioners everywhere. The program started at Wikipedia in September of 2004 and has been growing ever since.
- Communitas • The meaning of the word at Wikipedia
- Communitas! • The project's "embedded home" at Wikipedia
- Communitas • The Project space for the "Meta-Community" at Meta.Wikimedia.org
- Communitas! • The draft copy of the current issue of the journal (ground floor)
- Communitas! • The home page of the journal's current and past issues.
- Communitas! • A "scratchpad" area for playing around, brainstorming and article development
- Communitas.org • A community development organization that happens to like the name
Ecovillage Context Edit
All who know about the ecovillage way are familiar with the principle of communitas. It takes a special breed of folks to organize, build and live in ecologically-sustainable communities. The Sense of community must be strong and resilient. The means for Consensus decision-making and Conflict resolution must be in place. The dynamics of social roles and responsibilities must be well-understood. Structures must exist that facilitate a high degree of adhesion and cohesion.
For these reasons, Communitas!, as both a community-building program and an academic journal seeks input and participation from social networks such as the Global Ecovillage Network, the Gaia Foundation and the Ecovillage Wiki.
Please enter comments, questions, concerns, critisisms or whatever is relevant on Talk:Communitas!